SKP Group
SKP GST News
29 December 2015
GST certainly doable in 2016; in constant touch with Congress: Finance Minister Arun Jaitley
Rolling out the ambitious GST regime is certainly doable in 2016, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said on 28 December 2015, adding that he is in "continuous touch" with the Congress party in a bid to persuade them to cooperate.

Source: The Economic Times dated 28 December 2015


Petroleum products not to be brought under GST: CEA
Petrol and other petroleum products would not be brought under the GST regime for some time after its roll out, Chief Economic Adviser Arvind Subramaniam said on 27 December 2015.

Source: The Hindu dated 27 December 2015


Winter session of Parliament ends; GST remains pending
The winter session of Parliament ended on 23 December leaving the crucial GST Bill pending and evoking some strong comments by Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari who asked MPs to introspect and desist from "demeaning the stature" of the House.

Source: The Times of India dated 23 December 2015


GST model law will be ready by January
The model law of the
much-anticipated GST will be out by the end of January for general public for feedback. Speaking at a session on GST, Sushil Solanki, Principal Additional Director General (ADG) of the Directorate General of Central Excise Intelligence said that 80% of the draft of GST is ready while discussions on the remaining 20% are going on.

Source: The Times of India dated 23 December 2015


Over 48,000 including top industrialists sign petition for GST
Over 48,000 people, including prominent industrialists, have supported a signature campaign launched by the Confederation of Indian Industry urging members of Parliament to allow the passage of the GST Bill, even as the winter session came to an end on 23 December 2015.

Source: The Hindu dated 23 December 2015


Did you know?
The concept of VAT (the concept of VAT is similar to GST in India) was referred and proposed by Dr Wilhelm Von Siemens in Germany in 1918. In 1921, the same type of concept was also suggested by Professor Thomas Adams in the 
USA. In 1949, VAT was recommended in JAPAN. The discussion on VAT was started in Germany (1918), USA (1921) and Japan (1949) and the whole world came to know about VAT from these three initial discussions and references.
SKP
19 Adi Marzban Path | Ballard Estate | Fort | Mumbai 400 001 | India
+91 22 6730 9000 |
 skp.gst@skpgroup.com | www.skpgroup.com
 
Mumbai | Pune | Hyderabad | New Delhi | Chennai | Bengaluru
Member of Nexia International
LinkedIn
Twitter
Facebook
Google+
DISCLAIMER
This update contains general information which is provided on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind, express or implied and is not intended to address any particular situation. The information contained herein may not be comprehensive and should not be construed as specific advice or opinion. This update should not be substituted for any professional advice or service, and it should not be acted or relied upon or used as a basis for any decision or action that may affect you or your business. It is also expressly clarified that this update is not intended to be a form of solicitation or invitation or advertisement to create any adviser-client relationship.

This update is a compilation of news from external sources. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this update, the same cannot be guaranteed. We accept no liability or responsibility to any person for any loss or damage incurred by relying on the information contained in this update.
 
© 2015 SKP Business Consulting LLP. All rights reserved.